Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Don't Look Back by Lynette Eason



This is book #2 in the "Women of Justice" series by Lynette Eason. It was very suspenseful. I started it after dinner and shouldn't have because I couldn't go to sleep until I finished it. And then I had to cuddle up close to my husband to get to sleep and remind myself that a serial killer was NOT stalking me, so I had nothing to fear and could close my eyes and go to sleep in perfect safety. :)

This book follows "Too Close to Home" and tells the story of one of the main characters from that book.

It was very exciting. The religion felt much more natural to me. Of course, it stretches the bounds of credibility that one family could experience so much murderous mayhem within the space of two years, but I guess.... since they're all cops, it's a bit more likely? In any case, I had no trouble suspending reality and getting totally caught up in this story.

And I must say that I knew who the crazy serial killer was "disguised" as from the very beginning of the book. He was not very well disguised and since I learned from the first book in this series how Ms. Eason likes to hide her killers in plain sight (is this giving too much away?), it wasn't hard to figure that out right away. However, that took nothing away from the suspense of the book and the unfolding of the mystery.

Really liked it. Kind of tired today from staying up late finishing it. I think I'm going to have to get #3 in the series. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment