Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Till There Was You by Lynn Kurland



E-NOTE:

This was an e-book! I PAID for it and downloaded it on my Kindle (I am the cheapest person ever and I have very mixed feelings about putting out money for a book I can't actually hold in my hands). I had no trouble reading it on the Kindle--I didn't find turning Kindle pages distracting from the story at all. I did miss holding the book, ruffling through the pages, looking at the cover and reading the back. But that has nothing to do with this book and everything to do with how I feel about electronic books. :)

This book was charming and clean, interesting and fun. It was also a total formula book. It looks like there are lots of Lynn Kurland books with this same idea--a couple meets and falls in love across time and someone must travel to another century so that they can be together. And each of these romances are embedded within another story that has to do with generations of families (it's the time thing again). Fun concept. And I really did enjoy this story. But I find the idea of different versions of the same story told cleverly and entertainingly... I find this idea irritating. I don't know why. I'll read more Lynn Kurland, but I wish each book stood alone, with its own concept, its own characters and a feeling of freshness in each one. A trivial objection, probably.

Overall, I so appreciate writers like Lynn Kurland who write sweet, clean and entertaining books. I'll definitely read more of her and I may even add a few to my collection (maybe even to my PAPER book collection).

No comments:

Post a Comment