Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Dance Through Time by Lynn Kurland



Another Lynn Kurland. This one's the second romance she published. It's a bit more, um...sexy, than the later ones of hers that I've read. Still totally lovely, of course. It's about Jamie MacLeod--the eldest of the clan (I think. I'm not expert yet, having read only 3 of these).

I liked the attempt to keep it "real" by the inclusion of rotten food, vermin infested dungeons, garderobe use, filthy common rooms.... that doesn't sound romantic, but I did like it. It's funny how so many of these romances that are set back in time overlook all the smelly and disgusting parts. Not that the above-mentioned smelly and disgusting parts are prominent in this book either. But they are there and that makes it all feel more believable, somehow. (Not that the whole time travel thing is believable, of course. And not that I require believability if a story is engaging enough. Mostly.).

I liked it! I'm so grateful for "clean" romances!

No comments:

Post a Comment