Sunday, June 3, 2012

Piano Practice and Performance by Barry and Linda Wehrli

This is actually one of the most helpful piano books I've purchased over the last few years. I bought it on my Kindle, though, and I'd much rather have a hard copy of it.

The foreword asks: "Have you ignored recurring mistakes . . . set aside a challenging piece in favor of easier music . . . not met your progress or performance expectations?" and then promises to help get you (the pianist) "back on track". It's written, say the authors, for both students and aspiring professionals.

The book is divided into sections covering correct practice routines, extinguishing problem spots, enhancing various piano playing techniques and strengthening memorization.

I found much good advice in this book and will put into practice--for my students as well as for myself--many of the authors' recommendations. It was a short book full of practical concepts--well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment