Sunday, June 3, 2012

Persuasion, a Latter-Day Tale by Rebecca H. Jamison

This book is subtitled "A modern twist on Jane Austen's classic romance." I bought it on my Kindle because it was cheap and it got great reviews (and because, as I said in an earlier review, I am on a Persuasion kick). Much to my delight, I discovered as I read that it was an LDS book! I guess the title should have tipped me off....or perhaps I didn't really read any of those reviews? Anyway, it was a pleasure to read a clean love story along the lines of that of Frederick and Anne and to find so many little LDS (Mormon) references along the way.

Unlike many Christian novels, there was no heavy-handedness, no preaching. There was an extra twist to the basic Persuasion plot. I really liked our main characters, Neil and Anne. It was a fun read. I would be interested to see more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment