Monday, March 19, 2012

Replica by Lexi Revellian


This was a very engaging book.

Beth Chandler, smart, lovely and a little too nice, is accidentally replicated in an experiment at the government research facility where she works. Her replica, Beth 2, was supposed to be controlled by Beth (the original), but Beth 2 turns out to be completely autonomous--another Beth with all the memories, emotions--and everything about the life they share--in common with the original Beth. Of course the powers-that-be immediately determine that Beth 2 cannot be allowed to live. And thus starts our story.

I was engaged from the very beginning of the book. It was exciting and interesting all the way through. I found the narrator's point of view intriguing--Beth 2 speaks for herself, but Beth 1's story is told in the 3rd person. Very interesting. I loved the ending. In fact, this is one of my favorite books out of those that I've read in the last few months.

But. There is quite a lot of bad language sprinkled throughout the book. And there are some non-descriptive (unmarried) sex scenes as well. My general policy is not to have a book on my shelves that all my kids (and visiting nieces and nephews and other young guests) could not pick up and read. I also don't like all that bad language floating around in my own head (etc.). So this book will not be joining my collection (I checked it out from the Amazon Kindle library), despite how much I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment