Saturday, March 31, 2012

A College of Magics by Caroline Stevermer

This is the book that precedes A Scholar of Magics and I liked it just as well as I liked the second. (I know, I know! I read them out of order. Sorry!).

In this one we meet for the first time Jane Brailsford. She accompanies her student (and best friend) Faris Nallaneen, Duchess of Galazon on her quest to fulfill her destiny. That sounds pretty majestic, doesn't it? Well. The story starts out at a women's school in France, Greenlaw college. This is where Jane and Faris meet as students. Adventures and conflict ensue.

I found the beginning of the book a wee bit muddled, but still entertaining. Things cleared up after about the first third and then I was completely engaged. I really like this little series. I really like Caroline Stevermer and I will be looking to read more from her. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment