Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

This is the sequel to I Am Number Four. Since there are a bunch of these Loriens on earth, I imagine there could be an equal number of sequels. I think the next one is coming out in August of this year. So.

Perhaps, if you have read any of my other reviews, you will have noticed that I don't like to summarize the plot. I personally don't like reading reviews that are 80% plot summary and 20% review. So here's my brief plot summary of The Power of Six. John, Sam and Six, who we met in the first book, are on the run and having adventures. We meet numbers seven and nine. And other cool people that I hesitate to mention for fear of giving stuff away. There are huge battles. We learn more about the Mogadorians. There is betrayal, death and capture. The ending is a total cliff-hanger.

It was another gripping book by "Pittacus Lore". Yes, there was a touch of teenage romance--but not nearly as much as in book 1. And there is a bit of swearing as well. Still, I enjoyed reading it and my 13- going-on-fourteen son LOVED it and can't wait for the next book. I look forward to it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment