Monday, March 26, 2012

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

This is very much a book written for teenage girls. It's about a 15-year-old girl who attends Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women. The town thinks that the school is for privileged young women. But the reality is that Gallagher teaches exceptional young women to be exceptional spies. Cammie, our 15-year-old protagonist, must figure out if she can have a "normal" relationship with a boy from the town and still be the spy that she is.

Along with the romance, though, there's plenty of interesting details about how an all-girl spy school runs. And there are plenty of extra complications for Cammie--her mom is the headmaster, her dad disappeared, she has a new teacher in co-ops (covert operations), there's a new girl at school that she doesn't like... all that kind of stuff.

It was a fun and fluffy book to read. It was recommended to me by another mom of girls as something that was harmless and entertaining. And it was. I almost want to read the next one. :) I think I've talked my daughter into checking this one out. I wonder if she'll like it or if she'll feel impatient with the little romance. We'll see!

1 comment: