Monday, May 19, 2014

Havoc by J. Phillips Oppenheim

E. Phillips Oppenheim, another of my favorite classic suspense novelists. I'm sure I've mentioned before that all of his novels (or at least many of them) can be obtained for free electronically--they're part of the Gutenburg project. He's prolific; he's written over 100 novels (and not all of them suspense, either). I spent about 5 minutes the other day downloading about 15 of his novels, so I'll  be making my way through all of them.

The main action in this book takes place in London and involves the frantic pursuit of a document that will certainly start a war. Critical alliances must be made, and only this document will make them possible. Our hero, Bellamy, (King's spy) and his lady friend, the divine Louise, involve themselves in intrigue and deception to rescue this document. On the other hand, our everyman, brave Laverick, finds himself accidentally involved, and will aquit himself with honor, we hope. And survive it all too, we hope. Romance, adventure, danger, international intrigue...it's all here. I love E. Phillips Oppenheim.

Bad language: nope
Sex: nope




No comments:

Post a Comment