Monday, May 19, 2014

Cover Her Face by P.D. James

Another P.D. James. I'm pretty sure I've read this one before, too. I was checking out a bunch from the library at one time and I'm sure this was among them. P.D. James is pretty memorable. Of course, this IS me we're talking about, so I didn't remember who the killer was. One of the lovely side benefits of an iffy memory: you can read the same mysteries over and over and still feel surprised at the endings (given enough time between readings, of course. I'm not totally without a brain). Ha.

This one starred the unpleasant, lovely and secretive Sally Jupp who, from the beginning of the book, you know is gonna get herself killed. Poor, crafty Sally. She really shouldn't have. Adam Dagliesh is in charge of finding her killer and he will. He always does. Darn it.

This was in the classic style of P.D. James. I've already gone on about her in my earlier blog about Devices and Desires, so I won't add to that. It was a good book. I enjoyed it.

Bad language: none or very little
Sex: nope

No comments:

Post a Comment