Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Mage's Daughter by Lynn Kurland



Book two of Miach and Morgan! Lots of interesting things going on. I like the story a lot, but there was WAY too much crying going on in this book and the next one. WAY too much emotion, especially for Morgan, who was originally characterized as tough and non-emotional. I was disappointed at her lack of spine. And I felt that the interaction between Miach and Morgan was a little...unrealistic. For instance, long after they have admitted to loving each other, and Morgan has cried and cried about all the surprising discoveries she's making about herself (establishing her character as very marshmallow-y), Miach is still talking about removing her weapons from her reach when he's about to break bad news to her. I found this silly. It's pretty obvious by now that rather than reach for her weapons when she's upset, Morgan cries instead. Sigh.

But! Those are pretty trivial complaints. I still did enjoy this book. I like Lynn Kurland's books in general a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment