Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Finding of Jasper Holt by Grace Livingston Hill



Sigh. I guess this is a western. Or a romance. It was written very early in the 20th century and has adventure, peril and rescue, romance and integrity. It was very, very sweet. It's the story of misunderstood ne'er-do-well Jasper Holt and how meeting Jean Grayson changed his life and hers forever.

When I first began the book it seemed a little syrupy to me, but I soon became engaged with the characters and what seemed goopy at first, then became perfectly sweet. This is one of those old-fashioned stories where heroes are strong and full of integrity, heroines patient and true and, love is pure. I loved it.

p.s. I read the e-book version (it was $1.99) and it even came with two illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment