Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ark Angel by Anthony Horowitz



This review is by Isaiah, age 12.

This book is about Alex Rider, a 14-year-old spy, who has been forced to work for a British spy agency called MI6. He is currently investigating a Russian multi-billionaire for the CIA.

General rating: 3 out of 4, low grades in plausibility and not particularly uplifting.

1. Is it plausible? I guess so, once you get over a 14-year-old kid being a spy. And some of the other unbelievable stuff. I guess it's all really possible. The author says he did research to make sure all the stuff he writes about is possible.

2. Is it thought provoking? No

3. Is it engaging? Yes, very engaging. You don't want to put the book down.

4. Is it uplifting? Yes and no. Some people die, but in the end Alex gets the victory.

Language: some mild swearing
Sex: none

My recommendation: Ages 10 and up would enjoy this book. It's a good book, from my favorite series of books. I really like the idea of a teenage spy. The book is very gripping. Anthony Horowitz has a good sense of humor too. There are some things I don't like, such as some of the people who died were good, and there seem to be too many coincidences. But it's a good book to read and I really like the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment