Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Old Money by Heather Horrocks

This book was cute. It's subtitled "A Wild West Romantic Comedy" and I don't generally feel interested in westerns, but I know I like Heather Horrocks, so I picked up this little romance.

Summary: Jennie and Bryce broke up several years ago amid misunderstandings and deeply hurt feelings and both went their own ways. Now it is Bryce's wedding day and Jennie finds herself in disguise at his wedding (yeah, there's a backstory here, clearly). In a magical twist of fate, they are both transported 100 years back in time to old town Abilene Texas, right in the middle of a bank robbery. Can they overcome their hurts and mistrust of each other to survive being hunted by the law and the robbers AND to find their way back to the 21st century?

Well, I imagine I'm not really giving too much away to hint that, yes, this book has a happy ending. And a fun beginning and middle too. It was an entertaining book with a nice little taste of what history has told us about Jesse James and his gang. Plus, it's squeaky clean. I love that.

Sex: Plenty of chemistry between our main characters, but no sex before marriage (and even after marriage, sex is only indicated, not described).
Bad language: Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment