Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Proper Companion by Candice Hern

     Have you ever noticed that when life is tough or particularly emotional or stressful or whatever, that a girl will often immerse herself in "fluff"? It's escapism, of course. And I particularly like romance when I want to "escape". However, I do NOT like the highly sexualized romances that are so abundant these days. Therefore, I do not check out (at the library) or buy, willy-nilly, any romance that catches my eye, because the LAST thing I want is to be seared by some graphic sex scene. I like to read about ROMANCE (with good chemistry, of course), not SEX. So, I get so happy when I find a series of sweet, sex-free romances. Yay!!

     This is a regency romance about modest, beautiful and dirt-poor Emily Townsend, recently become companion to a spunky dowager countess who is grandmother to handsome rake Lord Robert Bradleigh. Ah yes, you can probably guess the eventual outcome of this little situation. Along the way, however, Emily has to outwit the malicious intentions of some distant relatives and Lord Robert has to shed one unloved fiancee. How it all happens is entertaining and fun and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it all. I plan to read all the rest of Candice Hern's regency romances!

Sex: nope. Well, except for the fact that our hero is the stereotypical rake who has had various previous lovers while our heroine is squeaky clean. Yup. Classic. Hm.
Bad language: none

No comments:

Post a Comment