Monday, October 11, 2010

What Makes a Good Book

Here are my 4 criteria for a good book:

1. Plausibility (within the genre, of course). The book must make sense and be believable.

2. Thought provoking. A book should give the reader something worthwhile to think about. Of course, not all entertaining books can provide this...but the best ones will.

3. Engaging. A book must be interesting enough for the reader to want to finish it! It could be full of great information, but if it doesn't grab the reader, that great information will never be shared.

4. Uplifting. The best books leave the reader with a good feeling.

The great thing about reading is that each reader will have his/her own opinion on how these criteria can be applied. I've got my own pretty specific ideas, but I LOVE to hear other ideas. Comment away.

Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Audrey,
    An author friend of mine has recommended your blog to me, and so I have been looking through some of your posts. We especially like that you are interested in “clean” and uplifting books. She and I have both written clean romances, and wonder if you would be interested in either or both of our books.
    She and I have been wondering how to send you our books for your consideration. I don't see an email or a how to submit your book for a review post. You may contact me at author@aslauggorbitz.com and you can visit my website at www.aslauggorbitz.com. I can send you my book in any format that you like (PDF, ePub, Mobi, or .prc for Kindle).
    Thank you,
    Aslaug

    ReplyDelete