Monday, October 11, 2010

Everything But a Christmas Eve by Holly Jacobs


This book is a light romance. Do I need to summarize further? Well, I'll add that it's actually part of a larger series by this author, so someone who has read all the others will recognize many of the characters in this book.

General rating: 2.75 out of 4 (plausibility issues and absolutely NOT thought provoking).

1. Is it plausible? I guess so. The relationship is plausible. The matchmaking neighbor? Not so much.

2. Is it thought provoking? Not really.

3. It is engaging? Yup. And short too--a quick read.

4. Is it uplifting? Sure! True love is always uplifting. As are happy endings. And refreshingly CLEAN. That's definitely uplifting!

Language: No bad language
Sex: No sex at all

My recommendation: If you like squeaky clean romances, this one fits the bill. It wasn't deep or moving or anything like that, but it was short and sweet. I really appreciate authors of clean romances. There seem to be so few! So I will always support this kind of author.

No comments:

Post a Comment