Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Twice a Prince by Sherwood Smith

     Here is the sequel to Once A Princess (again, I'm sorry about the cover). In this book, Sasha must continue the search for her father, learn to trust her prince (if that's even possible), rescue her mother and avert a war.

     All the lovely adventurous stuff from the first book is here too and I enjoyed Sasha's wit and Jehan's loyalty and seeming invincibility. I really like the strong families portrayed in the book. Some books written for teenagers are full of dysfunctional family relationships and belittling portrayals of parents--but not this one! I also like the way Sherwood Smith writes her characters' romances--there's plenty of chemistry but not a lot of drama. I also like the way romance follows experience and trust--the characters get to know each other! Sometimes it seems like love stories are all drippy SA and very little cool substance.

     I enjoyed this one just about as much as I did the first. But The Trouble with Kings is still my favorite Sherwood Smith!

No comments:

Post a Comment