Monday, March 18, 2013

The Trouble with Kings by Sherwood Smith

     I loved this book!

     It's a YA novel about Princess Flian and her awakening to herself and her purpose--an oversimplification, but you know how I dislike summaries.

     I think the books I enjoy the most have a strong character who changes over the course of the story. Princess Flian in this book starts out as a relatively passive character--a girl who is accustomed to being wanted for her wealth and position, but never wanted for herself. However, very quickly she is thrown into a situation that forces her to make some painful discoveries--about herself and about those who have befriended her.

     This book has kidnappings, battles, intrigue, royalty, rebels, family, romance.... I really, really liked it. After I finished it the first time, I immediately read it again because it was such a great story. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment