Monday, March 18, 2013

Asking for Murder by Roberta Isleib

     Advice columnist and clinical psychologist Rebecca Butterman's best friend, Annabelle Hart, is beaten and left for dead. As Rebecca deals with her friend's clients and takes care of Annabelle's house and cat, she also finds herself threatened by Annabelle's attacker.

     I am not really a fan of clinical psychology, but I really liked Rebecca Butterman. As I've said before, I prefer police procedural mysteries because I have trouble suspending reality enough to accept the idea of some random innocent person running into ONE murder/violent crime during the course of his/her life, let alone a series of them!! And to imagine that this random innocent gets involved in solving these criminal mysteries? Pretty unbelievable. As I expect Dr. Butterman's constant involvement in criminal cases would become if I read more of this series. However, this is the first (and probably the last) I have read or will read of Dr. Butterman's adventures, so for a one-off, I enjoyed this book! Dr. Butterman's involvement as she tries so hard to help her friend Annabelle is pretty believable and she doesn't snoop in matters that don't actually concern her or Annabelle, so I was able to get into the story pretty comfortably. It was an entertaining book that I enjoyed.
     I think it was pretty clean (I read it about 12 books ago, so I'm having trouble remembering details)--I know there were no love scenes and very little, if any, bad language. It was a pretty good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment