Monday, March 18, 2013

Murder Carries a Torch by Anne George

     This was an utterly charming "cozy" mystery. Set in the Birmingham, Alabama area, the main characters in this story are two 60-something sisters, Patricia Anne and Mary Alice. They are different from each other in every way, but are also close friends. When their cousin Luke asks them for help in finding his wife Virginia, they quickly agree and soon find themselves in the middle of a murder mystery.

      I enjoyed this book a lot and I think it was because it was so different from the mysteries I usually read. The cute dialogue between the sisters, their divergent personalities, the sprinkling of Southern tradition and speech... it all added up to an entertaining book that I really enjoyed. And I also think I might read the book on the religious snake handlers that is referred to in this book...sounds very interesting. Hm.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment