Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pride and Prejudice, the Graphic Novel by Marvel Comics


I am totally converted to graphic novels. I guess I've never outgrown liking the picture books. Should one outgrow such a thing?

Every time I have an inclination to re-read this little graphic novel I have to go hunting for it in my daughter's room. She loves it!

It is a slim volume and I was pleasantly surprised at how much of the novel is squeezed into it. It's very entertaining. The cover looks like a magazine cover, so it's a little misleading. This is the Pride and Prejudice story in comic book style.

I didn't really like the way the sisters were portrayed. It didn't fit my mental image, if you know what I mean, and Elizabeth looked downright unpleasant in quite a few frames--her facial expressions were, from time to time, a little repulsive.

Having said that, this is still an enjoyable little piece of art and I love having the graphic novel versions of my favorite classic stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment