Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Clean Gut by Alejandro Junger

I recommend this book.

Mostly. This is a follow-up to Junger's book "Clean". Apparently, Dr. Junger has scented big business, cuz this book is part of a much bigger program that has all sorts of components to it. This part is his diet plan. Yup.

Because of his personal story at the beginning of the book and the diet plan at the end of the book (neither of which I was particularly interested in), the "meat" of this book was not hard to get through. Junger explains how most of today's diagnosed ailments can be traced back to an injured/irritated gut. Much of what he said seemed believable. Some seemed to be a stretch. And the very restrictive diet at the end of the book was too extreme for me. I cannot believe that a diet heavy in meat and protein is better than one that includes whole grain and is conservative with animal products. I also don't like diets that call for expensive/unusual ingredients and/or lots of supplements. I'm just not on board with that at this point. Still, the middle of the book was interesting and very worth reading, and I feel even more motivated to take better care when I choose what I eat. I probably should read his first book, "Clean" too. Hm.

Sex: no
Bad language: no

No comments:

Post a Comment