Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

I highly recommend this book.

I really, really like Brandon Sanderson. His books definitely take a commitment, though, because they are detailed and deeply imaginative. He is an AMAZING world builder and it seems to me that he'll never run out of ideas.

This book (a stand-alone), takes place in T'telir, capital of Hallandren, where color and the power of Breath govern life, determine deity, enable the powerful, and define the powerless. We follow the story of Siri, who has left her home to be the wife of the God King, and the story of Vasher, a powerful figure shrouded in mystery and carrying the sword Nightblood, a living entity with its own mind and will. And of course, since this story is written by Brandon Sanderson, there are many other characters, bright, well-developed and filled with life. It's a big book with a complex set of stories all woven together.

Brandon Sanderson is amazing. I am never disappointed by his books. I do sometimes get bogged down in the many, many details contained in his worlds. Like I said before, I sometimes feel his books take commitment to finish. They drag a reader in and take over his/her whole imagination until they're finished. Pretty amazing.

Sex: no
Bad language: no

No comments:

Post a Comment