Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Blood Spirits by Sherwood Smith

Here is book 2 in the Dobrenica series--Dobrenica being the ancestral home of the sword-wielding, long-haired, California-born Kim Murray.

Well, the romance is resolved in this book, so that was a good thing. And it was engaging and interesting, complex and suspenseful, as expected. But it got way supernatural way fast and, as I have perhaps mentioned before, I am very tired of vampires. Very, very tired of them. And all other revenants.

In book #2 Kim gets a ghostly message from her "twin", Lady Ruli, in Dobrenica: "Help me!". Since her heart is already urging her Alec-ward, Kim decides to return to Europe and see if she can find and help Ruli. Political intrigue and shadowy scariness all follows. Kim gets to reunite with Alec, figures out a little more about Tony, uncovers the mystery of Grandfather Armandros' death, unmasks a serial killer, and finds Ruli... and lots, lots more.

It was a fun book to read. Not one of my favorites, but still very fun. I understand book #3 is even more all about the supernatural so I'll skip that one (for now, at least). Glad I read these two, anyway, and still really liking Sherwood Smith, although my favorite of hers is still The Trouble with Kings. Don't know why exactly, just that it has a combination of events that pleases me. Hm.

Bad language: Nope
Sex: nope, although not because she doesn't want to. Just who has time with all these murder attempts and bloodthirsty creatures and plotting all over the place?

No comments:

Post a Comment