Thursday, January 30, 2014

Poison Me by Cami Checketts

Hmmmm. I read this book a few months ago....

 It's been pretty busy around here. I think I had a no-post month for the first time since I started this blog--I didn't post anything in December!! Which doesn't mean, of course, that I wasn't reading. Just that I didn't take the time to write anything down. So I'm gonna post a few short entries about some books that I liked (and that I can remember! But I guess if I can't remember it well enough to to write a little something about, it must not be worth blogging about, right?).

I like Cami Checketts. She writes clean, engaging stories. This one is a mystery with a touch of romance thrown in. It takes place in a retirement home. Ruby--our lovely retiree--understands that when people get old, they die, but when her friends start dying unexpectedly she suspects that their deaths were not natural. Now, you know I don't like amateur detectives. Ruby is definitely no professional, but her snooping seemed kind of natural-ish. Or maybe I just liked Ms. Checketts' writing well enough to stick it out. Plus I was interested in everybody's back story...It was a cute book.

Sex: None
Bad langauge: None

No comments:

Post a Comment