Monday, January 28, 2013

Blood from a Stone by Donna Leon

I'm back! After a month or two of moving stress, I am back into my regular reading routines (I hope!). I started out by visiting my new local library and checking out a few mysteries.

This one is a police procedural, set in Venice, Italy and stars Commissario Guido Brunetti, an honest, hard-working Venetian police officer.

You know I dislike summarizing, so here's my one sentence summary: Commissario Brunetti encounters widespread governmental corruption as he investigates the death of an illegal African vendor.

This was an entertaining mystery--I really like police procedurals--with a slightly unresolved ending. I felt frustrated by the corruption at all levels of government that our main character was stymied by.

There was no sex nor bad language in the book. I enjoyed the family life of Guido Brunetti. Altogether, I enjoyed the book but didn't like it enough to seek out others in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment