Thursday, August 23, 2012

Throne of Jade by Nomi Novik

This is the second book in the Temeraire series. In book one Temeraire learns some surprising things about his heritage and what he learns then sets the stage for this book--their adventure in China.

This was another totally absorbing book. Although I found all the battles and deaths distracting (you know I'm addicted to happy endings) I still found this book wholly entertaining. Again I was interested in Temeraire's questions as he seeks answers to what the life of a dragon should be like.

I think there was actually one F-word in this book--bothersome. Why is it there? Also, Temeraire has a...what do you call it with dragons?...an affair, I guess you could say. No details, no descriptions, no scenes, just mention of it. His first night with his love interest (and it really is not a big part of the story at all) results in some pretty rough consequences for Laurence.

Overall, this is a series I am really liking. I look forward to reading the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment