Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Trojan Gold by Elizabeth Peters

     This is book #4 in the Vicky Bliss suspense series. The photograph that Vicky receives in the mail--it's of a woman wearing the famous Trojan Gold. Is this another summons from John or could it be from someone more sinister? The copious amount of dried blood on the envelope seems to indicate that John--notoriously cowardly (he claims)--was not the mysterious sender. But it's been  months since Vicky's seen him and she decides she needs his help to unravel this mystery.

     A very enjoyable blend of personalities, mystery and adventure, this book is delightful. I liked how John and Vicky both rescue and are rescued. I liked visualizing snowy Bavaria. I liked getting to know Schmidt a little better. I liked the reappearance of Tony. I especially liked the progress in John and Vicky's relationship. It was a highly engaging book.



Bad language: some mild cursing
Sex: indicated, but no sex scenes

No comments:

Post a Comment