Friday, February 8, 2013

50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food by Susan Albers, PSY.D.

     I bought this book when I bought the book I like best about mindless eating: Intuitive Eating. The title of this small book is a little touchy-feely, but I really like the ideas inside. I also think these comforting /stress-relieving/therapeutic ideas would be good for coping with any stressful situation.

     Here are few of my favorite sentences from the conclusion: "Before reading this book you may have continually gone to the fridge when you didn't know what else to do to heal your heavy heart. But the fridge is just a big, cold box filled with food. It's a lousy long-term support system."

     That second sentence just makes me chuckle, I don't know why. Something about the big, cold box part. Ha. Anyway, it's a little book full of good ideas to calm oneself in a difficult, depressing, overwrought, stressful moment or two (or more). I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment