Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner by Lisa Wingate

I think that I really like Lisa Wingate. The only other book I've read of hers is Talk of the Town, which I really liked. This one is along the same lines.

It takes place in Texas, where Lindsey Atwood has gone to spend some time with her family and friends while her daughter is spending some time with her dad (Lindsey's ex-husband) in Mexico.

I don't like writing summaries.

I like it when main characters are dynamic--where they experience growth. In this book Lindsey:  learns to trust her ex-husband a little, she investigates a mystery, she lets her little girl grow up a bit AND she meets someone she may be able to fall in love with.

Yup, this is a romance. And it's squeaky clean and uplifting as well. I didn't find it quite as engaging as Talk of the Town, but I liked it well enough to be very interested in reading the rest of Lisa Wingate's books. I like her characters, I like her settings (she makes Texas look like such a great place to live!) and I love her clean romances.

No comments:

Post a Comment